Mentored Learning - CompTIA Network+
Having a Mentor to guide and pace you through the CompTIA Network+ has proven to deliver results.
You will be working 1:1 with your Mentor to fully prepare for the exams.
Students can come into our Dublin office and work with their Mentor or work with their Mentor Virtually or do both!
As you’re working 1:1 with your Mentor, you can choose your schedule.
You can do 5 days in a week or split up the course and do 1 day per week!
Book now and choose your session times later
Our Mentored Learning method of training consists of 4 parts;
- Expert instructor delivers course content by means of a digital presentation delivered via the first workstation PC and using a head set. The training is delivered at the best pace suitable for each student.
- Official courseware is available to the student to keep and read subsequent to the instruction and prior to the associated lab exercise.
- There is a second, Lab PC which is where the student will implement and practice what has been learned in order to reinforce the knowledge and to ensure that the training was effective.
- There is a team of full time Certified Instructors in the classroom with the students at all times, to answer questions and deliver any of the course content. They each have different areas of expertise and are all certified trainers.
Take a 5 day course over 4-5 weeks! It's completely up to you.
You can choose your starting date.
You can start tomorrow, if you like!
Read more about Mentored Learning
We also include a comprehensive lab environment.
We have 26 labs including Assisted Labs and Applied Labs.
- CompTIA Network+ validates the technical skills needed to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks that businesses rely on.
- Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform.
- CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network professionals need.
- Other certifications are so broad, they don’t cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed in today’s networking environments.
- CompTIA Network+ features flexible training options including self-paced learning, live online training, custom training and labs to advance the career development of IT professionals in network administration.
The CompTIA Network+ is a 5 day course and you can have up to an additional 5 days at no extra cost!
CompTIA Network+ N10-008 - Course Outline
- Comparing OSI Model Network Functions
- Deploying Ethernet Cabling
- Deploying Ethernet Switching
- Troubleshooting Ethernet Networks
- Explaining IPv4 Addressing
- Supporting IPv4 and IPv6 Networks
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Routers
- Explaining Network Topologies and Types
- Explaining Transport Layer Protocols
- Explaining Network Services
- Explaining Network Applications
- Ensuring Network Availability
- Explaining Common Security Concepts
- Supporting and Troubleshooting Secure Networks
- Deploying and Troubleshooting Wireless Networks
- Comparing WAN Links and Remote Access Methods
- Explaining Organizational and Physical Security Concepts
- Explaining Disaster Recovery and High Availability Concepts
- Applying Network Hardening Techniques
- Summarizing Cloud and Datacenter Architecture
We include a comprehensive lab environment.
List of Labs
- Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment (Expected Duration 30 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Configure a SOHO Router (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Capture Network Traffic (Expected Duration 2 hours)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Interface Settings (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Configure IPv4 Static Addressing (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Analyse ARP Traffic (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Use Tools to Test IP Configuration (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Configure IPv6 Static Addressing (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Static Routing (Expected Duration 1 hours)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Dynamic Routing (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot IP Networks (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot IP Networks (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Use Network Scanners (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Analyse a DHCP Server Configuration (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Analyse a DNS Server Configuration (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Analyse Application Security Configurations (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Secure Access Channels (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Syslog (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Analyse Network Performance (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- APPLIED Lab: Verify Service and Application Configuration (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Remote Access (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Develop Network Documentation (Expected Duration 1 hour)
- Assisted Lab: Backup and Restore Network Device Configuration (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Analyze an On-path Attack (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- Assisted Lab: Configure Port Security (Expected Duration 45 minutes)
- APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot Service and Security Issues (Expected Duration 1 hour)
Why Mentored Learning
We used to run traditional instructor-led classes for the CompTIA Network+, but delegates were getting frustrated with the different levels of delegates on the courses and some people felt the classes were either too slow or too fast for them.
So we developed our Mentored Learning classroom to build classes around delegates individual levels of experience and their schedules, thus allowing the delegates to get the full benefit out of the course.
Here at New Horizons, our goal is for every student that comes into do a course to fully benefit from the course.
All of courses have a Learning Guarantee, whereby for example, if a student is doing a 5 day CompTIA course, they can attend for up to an extra 5 days if they like to go over any part of the course again with our instructors.
Say, if a student was to attend a course Monday to Friday in one week, then 2 weeks later they would like to come back from an extra 2 days to reinforce the course content, there is no extra cost.
Where this Learning Guarantee most benefits the students is when they are completing a course with a new technology to them. Once they complete the course and go back to the office, there might be parts of the course that they would like to go over again. This is no problem at all, they can come back anytime within 6 months to go over any part of the course again.
Also, when delegates are doing exam courses, they love having the extra days to come back and complete extra lab work and discuss course modules with our instructors.
Delegates can choose their own schedule. You can do 1 day per week, 2 half-days per week, you can choose!
About Mentored Learning
We deliver CompTIA technical training in our Mentored Learning classroom. The practical based Mentored Learning Classroom was designed by IT professionals, to suit IT professionals. One of the biggest advantages of the Mentored Learning Classroom concept is the flexibility it offers to those who require technical training but find it difficult to get time out of the office to attend scheduled classes for 5 days straight. You choose your own schedule, you can do one day per week if you like.
The focus of the training is on Hand’s on Labs. Rather than the students sitting in a “Show and Tell” Learning Environment, all students must execute the Practical elements of the training courses themselves. They work one to one with the Instructors who can guide them through the labs. Working one to one with the Instructors also gives the delegates the opportunity to discuss their own Projects and with the help of the trainers, overcome any real world issues they are having. In this way, the trainer can help to customise elements of the course so that it is specific to each individual requirements.
The instructors are always in the room with you and can answer questions one-on-one and we encourage delegates to ask lots of questions to our instructors.
Certified Instructors are present to provide ongoing coaching, support and guidance throughout your training. Mentors can answer questions and provide additional instruction when needed to help increase your comprehension and retention of the course material.
Mentored Learning advantages for the Student:
- Flexible schedule allows individuals to acquire new skills around their schedule.
- Ability to control the pace of the course and content covered meets individual learning needs.
- Learn while doing approach increases the ability to retain and apply new knowledge.
- One-on-one mentoring increases the comprehension of the material.
- Blending lecture, hands-on practice and instructor interaction creates the most stimulating and effective learning environment possible.
Some of the benefits included in the price:
- You receive one to one mentoring and the mentors are in the class at all times. This gives you one-on-one feedback on progress, support and reinforcement throughout the learning process.
- We have 70% more labs than any other training company.
- Exam preparation Tools.
- We achieve a 90-95% exam pass rate as opposed to a market average of 60-65%.
- Official Curriculum included with the course.
- We never cancel classes, Guaranteed!
- Flexible Scheduling – take a 5 day course over 4-5 weeks!!
- Choose whichever morning or afternoon sessions suit your schedule
- A Learning Guarantee. We believe so strongly in the quality of our courses that we are prepared to offer you a Learning Guarantee. If a student didn’t feel they absorbed all the information on the day, they are welcome to sit on the same class within 6 months at no charge.
Mentored Learning can be attended in our Dublin classroom or live online.
New Horizons is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions. Here’s what they have to say about our Mentored Learning classroom.
“Microsoft and New Horizons are very Strong Partners in the Training Market. The New Horizons Mentored learning method of Training offers an efficient and effective solution. It allows you to meet training objectives and increase productivity through a flexible and fast approach to learning. New Horizons has perfected the Integrated Learning Concept to an Art Form.”
Colin Cassidy Partner Development Manager for Microsoft Ireland